Saturday, September 15, 2012

The STORY of BOB -


The STORY of BOB

---‘’I hate Bob.‘’ When we say that we hate someone…what (and who) is it that we are talking about? I would like to take a closer look at this. When we say this…I’d like to say that we are NOT accurate.
---’’I hate Bob.’’ Am I saying that I hate Bob OR, am I saying that I hate the way Bob acts. I hate the way Bob behaves. I may hate Bob’s attitude. But…when push comes to shove - I probably do NOT hate Bob.
---Actually, do I even know Bob, behind the ways he presents himself? I would say probably NOT. I would have to say that Bob is the being, the blank slate, that has these different attitudes and behaviors that I pin to him. I call this husk ‘’Bob’’ if you will.
---The funny thing about this is that Bob is different, dependent upon who you ask. Bob’s mother sees him different than his dad. His worst enemy sees him much different than his best friend. I asked his girl friend. I asked his preacher. Everyone I ask has a little different interpretation than each other…AND myself. Sometimes it gets so far out that I have to remind myself that it is the Bob that I know.

---If we look at attitudes and behaviors by themselves we see that they are like coats we put on and take off. We see that ALL of us are pretty much ‘’naked’’ dressed in different attitudes and behaviors that make up the personality of this thing we call Bob, Jim, Mary and Karin.
---Any good psychologist will tell you that we are like an ONION that peels away one layer at a time. Eventually, usually after much peeling…we get to the heart of the matter.
---Bob is peeling, as we both are…as we ALL are. Actually, Bob has some pretty neat attitudes and behaviors that I find ‘’fun’’ and ‘’enjoyable’’ when we talk about computers. He has a way of putting the coats on and interpreting them that happens to educate and entertain me. Hanging with him all-of-the-time would be a little much. But, as a ‘’dressed husk’’ in small doses…we laugh a lot. Take Care.

No comments:

Post a Comment